Friday 17 July 2015

Just around the corner

Just opposite us a small family of coots
Another gentle start to the days we were not planning to go far.   In his inimitable way Geoff says he remembers a really good mooring spot just after the junction.   Needless to say I don't remember a thing about this area!

Barney and I decided to walk there and sure enough there was just a small length of Arnco, enough for one boat 
Not quite in the middle of nowhere as there were plenty of walkers along the towpath
I spoke to a friend in Cornwall this afternoon and she told me that everyone felt that Cornwall was busier than normal......and the traffic was chaotic ...made me so appreciative of our summer lifestyle
Once reached I did remember the filed of horses opposite.
Only two boats passed us all day, this is obviously not the most popular route.  Later in the evening we did have the trip boat go past
Not a hen or stag party but a very sedate older group with decent music!!  I was tempted to join them.
Total distance:1.44 miles 
Elapsed time:0h44m46s 
Locks:0
Bridges:6 
Average speed:1.93 mph (1.93 lock/mph) 




No comments: