Monday 20 September 2010

AWOL

Departed Petroc on Thursday late afternoon to go to Giles to do his accounts...and of course to see the grandchildren...only 2 at the moment  but no 3 is imminent....less than 3 weeks to go if he or she is on time....

Geoff managed to break Petroc in my absence!!........the engine gave up on Saturday and he had to call River Canal Rescue.  It was water in the diesel again.  There was no sign of the diesel bug which we had had earlier in the year but now the question is...Why do we keep having a problem with water in the diesel..........anyone has any great theories we would be delighted to hear them.   At least it chose to do it when Petroc was securely moored.

I have now returned albeit 2 hours late.   My train from Banbury was delayed due to an `incident` near High Wycombe which one of the station staff told me was a drunken woman on the line.........not me honest guv......
When it eventually arrived and I had just got settled they announced that it would not be stopping at Lapworth and I had to get off and wait for the next one which was also delayed................by this time a kind member of staff had provided me with a claim form to claim my fare back.    Back at Petroc almost 2 hours behind schedule.

In my absence Geoff found the local church on Sunday which is a fair walk as it is not really in the village.  He also had a good Sunday lunch in the Boot Inn where he said he had the best roast potatoes all summer........he also managed to squeeze in the odd pint wit John whilst John was around...... I obviously was not missed......

Onward tomorrow...we have the Hatton Flight of 21 to master.  Emma is coming to lend a and as are two friends of Johns.

No comments: