Two years ago when we came this way we could not find a mooring at Anderton. This time we were much luckier and found a very pleasant spot just before the entrance to the lift. We were still undecided as to whether we would go down onto the Weaver or not. After some deliberation (on Geoff's part) we decided against it, partly because the weather is still somewhat unsettled and partly on time. We may do it on the way back.
We went to have a look at it again and marvelled at it's ingenuity. It is quite an edifice.
The mooring was so pleasant and there were lots of woodland walks so we decided to stay over a day. The weather was alternatively hot sunshine and heavy showers, but during a dry spell I managed to touch up the black on one side of Petroc. We also managed 4 geocahes in the nearby woodland.