Thursday 12 June 2008

Back to Hungerford

Sunday 8th June

I returned from Emma’s by train yesterday afternoon complete with my new computer. Getting all my programs put back on is not only time consuming but also very frustrating. Now that I have been forced into having Windows Vista some of my programs are not compatible with it. My two accounts packages, Microsoft Money for personal use and Quickbooks for business both refuse to run, whilst a much older photo editing program installed and ran perfectly!
We went to St Lawrences Church for Parish Communion at 10 and had a warm welcome. A small choir and a large congregation, about 100. The Rector came to chat before the service and we discovered that he and his wife holiday in Cornwall and have visited our church at St Eval. He said how much he loved the church and the atmosphere both in and around with all the RAF graves and memorabilia. He also said how nice it was that the church was open. I must say that in most of the places where we have visited the church the majority have been open, only rarely have we found one locked.

NO SUNDAY LUNCH OUT TODAY!!! Geoff did not fancy either of the two pubs we found so we gave it a miss for this week, but with the proviso from me that this cannot happen two weeks in a row!!

No comments: