Saturday 24 April 2010

First trip of the season

Well we have cut the umbilical cord again and have had our first trip out. A gentle amble down to Braunston just 3 locks and about 6+ miles in 3 hours......must stop speeding!!

My big target at the moment is to get our current position to accurately record through my new little USB GPS. I have succeeded with the lower of the two pictures to the right as you can see, but the top link is refusing to update our position.....I have sought advice from our friend John Slee who is much more expert at these things than I am.....

Our plan is to stay here for at least 2 nights, we are moored just short of Braunston right out in the open fields and the sun has been shining all day. In fact the weather has been so kind during all our preparations for departure.......I just hope it is a sign of a better summer.

No comments: