Tuesday 9 September 2008

Half way to Aylesbury !

No the rain did not hold off......we awoke to pouring rain this morning so I just turned over and went back to sleep, after I had let the dogs out! We decided to stay for the day and later in the morning I walked to the small village of Wilstone about 1/4 of a mile away. I was pleasantly surprised to find a small but delightful village shop and post office selling all sorts of wonderful homemade delicacies. They even had my Daily Telegraph and accepted my tokens. I was about to leave when I spied Geoff's favourite coffee & walnut cake!
On the return journey I saw lights on in the small local church so decided to call in. I had hit upon the one day of the week when they served free coffee and home made cakes.........it seemed churlish to refuse so spent a pleasant 1/2 hour talking to a couple of local ladies. From them I learned that sadly the village shop was closing this month as the post office is one that is being axed.

No comments: