Friday 10 September 2021

very dreek morning

 My day did not start well.  We had agreed we would leave at 7am but contrary to my normal practice of waking at 4/5 am I was still sleeping at 6.45 when Geoff woke me with a cup of tea!   Getting on the go when not fully awake is not good.   

We managed two locks and planned to have breakfast above Cleeve lock whilst the tank was filling.   That was not to be as when Geoff attached the hose it was worse than ever with leaking.   So we abandoned the effort before we even started.   

Then this happened.  


It’s the first  time we have really been caught out by the rain this year so can’t complain.I nobly stayed below doing the bacon sandwiches.  

Unfortunately I dont have a photo of the next incident which is a great shame.   I was on the tiller with Geoff standing on the top step when he suddenly disappeared as the step gave way.   The look on his face was priceless!  I have an unfortunate habit of involuntary laughter at peoples misfortunes so I was in hysterics!  So much so that Geoff had to extricate himself and take over steering whilst I had to clamber below and rush to the loo.   I’m still laughing….

Still we are now tied up on the moorings at Clifton Hamden Lock but still tired from my early awakening

There has been a certain amount of bad language around as Geoff tried to utilise his somewhat precarious DIY skills on the back step.   No success yet although I keep finding glue in various places and having to scrape it off!.

Hey Ho…on we go tomorrow.

1 comment:

Andrew Turner said...

If only Geoffrey commented - or had his own blog… or would the occasional torrent of expletives get him struck off??
His version of events would be entertaining, to say the least!