Saturday 23 June 2018

Lingering in Banbury

Not sure if this is the Mum or the Dad of the family living opposite us
He ..or she...came on a neighbourly visit.
Good visit to London and this mooring spot is ideal for the station.  14 days as well if we want.  However we shall move on Monday.
Geoffrey was not lonely in my absence as his mate Tony and another friend George came to call and I think a few pubs were visited!   They probably did a good job of putting the world to rights.

Whilst I was away Geoff asked me to see if I could find another small kettle for the gas hob as ours had "sprung a leak".    I was unsuccessful but on my return he confessed the real reason for the replacement being required.
He had taken Barney for his late afternoon walk and stopped for a swift half....as one does......when he returned to the boat and opened the back door he was greeted by smoke, went through to the saloon...more smoke.....
He had left the kettle on and it had not only burnt dry but had disintegrated.  I think he had a fair bit of clearing up to do.  The top of our cooker will never be the same again.   However to look on the bright side .....the boat could have burnt down.   I am not sure he is safe to be left again.    I hasten to add this was not the day he had been with his mates......it was just after I had left on Wednesday.





No comments: