Monday 1 July 2019

Visitors galore at Abingdon.


Gardener of the Year watering his tomatoes.
Since that picture was taken he has treated himself to a baby (as in small!) watering can...….

A great weekend with lots of visitors.   Friday Hugh and Ann arrived and we went to the Nags Head for lunch.  Friday afternoon Gill Smith and Doreen dropped in for a cup of tea...extremely welcome visitors as they came bearing gifts...….CAKE.   Not to mention the bottle of prosecco......

Saturday Dick and Jackie Gould  arrived for a planned picnic.   Saturday was incredibly hot so we were forced to retreat into the shade of the nearby trees.  They came bearing a cool box full of goodies....the odd G&T may have been consumed.....

Later in the afternoon I was collected by Giles.  He had booked to take all 3 of the grand children to a water assault course.  The idea was that I could sit in the cafe and observe.  I did put my costume in hoping that I might just be able to go in the water for a swim.   Sadly that was not allowed….it was assault course or nothing.  Ella had decided at the last minute not to come so there was a spare ticket......would I like to use it????   I was not brave enough.   I would probably have drowned.

However when I saw what it was like I think I may have missed out......I think I could just have lingered at the beginning getting cool in the water.

Later Saturday evening the wind changed direction by 180 degrees  and Sunday dawned much colder.

This did not deter Giles and tribe from coming for another picnic

Some of the crew were very brave


Boe was busy with her wild life photos, in fact several of the photos above are courtesy of Boe.

About half an hour after their departure Gill and Doreen arrived for another cuppa, and the odd glass of prosecco.

Today, Monday has been very quiet!!

No comments: