Sunday 22 August 2021

Stalled at Shepperton

 Made plans again…..fatal.

We thought we would go up to Windsor for the weekend……..until Geoff got up Thursday morning.   Pains in the chest again……..999 again…..we are getting our money’s worth from the NHS it’s year.

The ambulance was here in 10 minutes, it turns out their depot is just around the corner and we obviously hit it at a slack time.  We were very lucky as it was not at all like I have seen on the program Ambulance on TV where the wait is horrendous in some places.   He did spend all day in A & E before being taken to the ward and it did get busy with stretchers waiting in the corridor.

So he is presently residing in the Acute Cardiac Ward at St Peters Hospital in Chertsey.

They can’t get his heart rate down and can’t decide if he has had a heart attack or not.  He is cheerful enough to but says he is bored.  He has 5 inmates in his side ward and a fair bit of chat appears to go on.

I was allowed to visit yesterday which was a great experience.  I had to book a slot and on arrival I had to don plastic apron and plastic gloves.  Mask was already on.  No temperature taken though.

Meanwhile I am in a safe and pleasant mooring albeit not near shops.   Various friends have been great coming to visit and also take me shopping.   

We shall see what tomorrow brings.

3 comments:

Andrew Turner said...

Sorry to hear that Geoff is incarcerated again! Glad you were allowed to check up on him in person though. Please pass on my very best wishes… and please take care yourself!

Unknown said...

Hi Gill and Geoff
Having experienced the cardiology treatment etc Geoff you have my sympathy. However it is good that the reaction was so swift. I am surprised that they could not tell from a blood test whether it was a heart attack because the doctor in A&E told me, I had not had any pains at all. I had two nights in Aberdeen, an angiogram, a stent and a bag of pills!!!Anyway glad to hear that you are back on board. Love from John and I and don't overdo it, either of you xx

Gillygrove said...

Hi Unknown.
If you hadn’t mentioned John and Aberdeen I wouldn’t have know who you were as you came up as anonymous Coleen🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣