Wednesday 22 May 2019

Goodbye Banbury

We wonder what the new development will do to Banbury. 
To the right there is going to be a hotel

and to the left will be a cinema
The white hoarding is around the north car park which is now closed

I had an early shop in M&S whilst Petroc was having her water tank filled...…..only took 50 minutes!!

A party of school children watched us descend the lock and took great delight in helping Geoff with the gates.
We only went a short distance so we could moor close to Morrisons for another shop.   Once we leave Banbury the shopping becomes a bit more difficult.

Whilst here Geoff informed me that he would like to grow some tomatoes!!!!    He has obviously been brooding on this for a few days. .   So after the main grocery shopping he walked all the way back to the garden centre to buy 2 tomato plants, having first walked back to Morrisons to buy a growbag to put on the roof.  .   All this when I was banned from having plants on the roof some years ago!!!   I this it must be a late life crisis...…......
The good news ortunatelyis that since his grow bag has three holes for plants and he only has two tomato plants I am to be allowed the other hole for a plant of my choice...such excitement.....almost as good as the new washing machine.

After all this effort I was exhausted  so when we set off for the intended destination of Kings Sutton, I was less than enthusiastic.

Not far along I spied what looked like a good resting place...we had travelled all of 2 miles......

Nice wide towpath for barney and me



Unfortunately I neglected to look behind where there was a massive building site
By the time we noticed it we were tied up and too tired to move...…..I set my chair facing the other way and it was a great mooring place.!!

No comments: