Thursday 2 May 2019

A Better Day

Starting up the Napton flight
After yesterdays trip I fancied a lie-in but in my normal fashion I was awake early.  Since the forecast was for rain later in the day it made sense to set off early, hence we were on the way at 7.20!   Lovely bright morning but 3 layers of clothing necessary as were gloves and hat!

Not many boats about this early so we gently pottered along and were happy to find no one ahead of us at Napton, but as you can see we were closely followed.   All the locks were in our favour so it made for a very leisurely trip up the first 6 locks to our preferred mooring.

Geoff and Barney taking it easy
Our favourite spot was free so before 10.30 were were nicely settled and I was able to have my morning coffee sitting on the towpath in the sunshine.....mind you I still had several layers of clothes on.....

Later in the day just as the rain was starting, who should float past but Timothy West and Prunella Scales
The poor film crew were huddled under an umbrella!!
A much better start to our cruising season than yesterday.   In addition I have an Internet signal which was noticeable by its absence yesterday.   Although I have to say there is something to be said for not having internet as I managed to devour most of my first book of the season. 



Total distance:6.58 miles 
Elapsed time:3hr 10 min
Locks:6
Bridges:17 


No comments: