Monday 17 June 2019

Lingering at Thrupp

Geoffrey's venture into tomato growing is not looking good.
I am not sure what brought on this latent desire of Geoffs to try and grow tomatoes on the top of the boat.  I am also not sure what he plans to do about the broken plant...…….my little plant that I was allowed to have in the spare hole in the grow bag is doing well.....

Thrupp is as delightful as ever.   Initially when we arrived it was very quiet but there has been more company over the weekend.   The 7 day moorings have been full most night although not all.  The buses run every hour into Oxford via Kidlington so we are not too remote.

The major event here was the demise of our TV!!   I thought Geoff would go into a non returnable decline.   However when we though the whole thing through it was remarkably easy to solve.   A new one with a slightly larger screen was ordered from Amazon Prime and delivered to Giles and Zan the next day.   
Since the next day was Fathers Day it worked perfectly as they all came to lunch.   Good lunch at the Jolly Boatman followed by ice cream for the kids from Annies CafĂ© and the unloading of the TV.

That should have been the culmination of a happy day but it was not to be...…...TV worked fine but Geoff was unable to get the set top recording box to work through it.  There followed a couple of hours of gnashing of teeth and wailing from Geoff whilst I hid myself in the back of the boat.    
I did venture forth eventually to offer my assistance but no joy.   Eventually all came good when he used his screw driver to tighten one of the connections at the back!!!!!!  Simple as that.... My relief was profound!!

Onward we go tomorrow towards Oxford.


No comments: